New Hyde Park Wedding Photographer
We are proud to announce we are New Hyde Park wedding photographers. We have photographed over 100 weddings in and around New Hyde Park, NY including MANY weddings at The Inn at New Hyde Park located at 214 Jericho Turnpike, New Hyde Park, NY 11040. The Inn at New Hyde Park is one of our all time favorite catering halls in Long Island to photograph our beautiful brides and grooms. They have a beautiful ballrooms such as the Georgian, Gable, Conservatory, Savannah, Anthonian/Rose, Gable and of course you can't forget the Tuscany Room, this is where they host their amazing cocktail hours, the food is exquisite!
Please take a couple minuets to view a recent wedding we had the pleasure to photograph at the Inn at New Hyde Park. If you would like to see more wedding images, check out our wedding gallery. We are always pushing ourselves to create timeless wedding images that our couples and their families will love forever.
A little history of New Hyde Park, NY according to Wikipedia - Thomas Dongan, the fourth royal governor of New York, was granted an 800-acre parcel of land in 1683 that included New Hyde Park. It was known as "Dongan's Farm." Dongan built a mansion on what is now Lakeville Road. In 1691 Dongan fled to New England and then Ireland, as King James II and his Catholic forces failed to regain power in England and Ireland.
In 1715, Dongan's estate was sold to George Clarke (who was Secretary of the Provence of New York). He named it Hyde Park in honor of his wife, Ann Hyde. Clarke sold the property in 1783 and in the early 19th century it was parceled up and sold as farm land. Raising cattle was a chief agricultural enterprise from Dongan's time until the mid-19th century, when cattle farming in the expanding American West forced the farmers into other pursuits.
When a post office opened in 1871, the name was changed from Hyde Park to New Hyde Park to avoid confusion with the upstate Hyde Park.
The village was incorporated in 1927.