The first thing is, what is a first reveal? A first reveal is when you are having your ceremony and reception at the same location and want to see each other prior, to get your photos finished before your ceremony. Why do people do this? Because if you do not do a first reveal, you end up using your cocktail hour time, to take all of your family photos, bridal party photos and photos of you and your husband. Which means your bridal party as well as all of your family miss almost all of the cocktail hour.
Cons of a first reveal
1) You lose the traditional element of the groom seeing his bride walk down the aisle for the first time.
2) You have to start your day earlier to accommodate for the time you will be taking photos.
3) You may incur additional expenses if you were to do your first reveal at a location that requires a permit.
Pros of a First Reveal
1) NO STRESS!! When you do a first reveal you can set the timeline of your wedding day so you do not have to ever rush or feel rushed.
2) Better wedding photos. If you give your photographer more time, you will get better photos, it is just that simple. Because you can set the amount of time we get to photograph the bridal party photos, family photos and couples photos. We can take our time, set up proper lighting, look for different and unique angles and have fun. You get a better product and you’re less stressed.
3) Your family and bridal party get to go to cocktail hour. The best food at any wedding is at the cocktail hour. By doing a first reveal it ensures that your images will be completed before your ceremony and you and your loved ones will be able to go straight from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and enjoy your evening.